Wednesday 14 February 2018

DON’T LOVE ME AS YOU LOVE YOURSELF

From as early as I can remember and from scripture, we are taught to love others as we love ourselves but as Ive grown in maturity, I have come to understand that we must always ''love others'' but not necessarily in the way that we would like to be loved.  And let me explain before I am accused of blasphemy. I have come to realise that not everyone can love you in the way you love yourself  because not everyone has the same heart. 



Love People According to Their Love Language

If you haven’t invested in the book  called ''The Five Love Language by Gary Chapman'', then I would highly recommend it. You just cant love everyone in the same way, not even friends. When I look around at my relationships they are all different and I love them all differently.  They require different kinds of love:
1.   Words of Affirmation
2.   Quality Time
3.   Receiving Gifts
4.   Acts of Service
5.   Physical Touch



Love People in Their Way or Face the HighWay

If you love people in the way you want to be loved you might be disappointed. Take Jude  for example, on each Valentine’s day he leaves a lovely Valentine’s card for his wife telling her how much he loves her. But Jackie is fed up of seeing those cards year in and year out. All she wants is to be taken out for a candle lit dinner somewhere in town. But Jude just hasnt made time to understand his wife’s love language and doesnt understand why she doesnt appreciate his cards. 



Love Others in The Way They Like to be Treated

I am an extrovert and I like being on stage and I love dancing.  It’s just the way I am wired. Ive got a friend Beauty that hates any kind of attention. If I am at a speaking event, do you think it would be wise to call Beauty on stage to dance with me ? I think not. But If I love her, the way I love myself isn’t that what I would do? Now Ive got to change my thinking and love her the way she loves to be loved.

Food for thought on this Valentines Day! 

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a whole year filled with love. Please feel free to leave a comment or share with others.

3 comments:

  1. wow...Love others the way they want to be loved. Really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...Love others the way they want to be loved. Really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete