Friday 2 February 2018

CAN YOU FEEL THE FORCE?

Relationships are never forced and the more you try and force yourself on people, the more they will push you away. I learned this life lesson some years ago: We are not called to everyone. Some people will love us. Some people will not and sometimes the season of the relationship is over. Ive been on both ends in my life of being too needy and someone needing me too much and neither are cool. Its suffocating actually. We live and learn.


RESPECT YOURSELF

The worst thing we can do is force ourselves on people in the hope that they will see our value. If it’s meant to be, it will be. Have Respect for yourself. No-one is worth chasing. Here are a few points worth noting:



THE RIGHT PEOPLE WILL SHOW UP

I remember a season in my life where I felt needy for friends. I had just relocated to Lagos and despite relocating with my family, I was missing female company. I had loads of female friends in London. I still do but couldn’t figure out why I was not finding those deep connections in Lagos 


FRIENDSHIPS ARE NEVER FORCED
You know the type where you can just chat and laugh for hours on end and by the end of the day, everyone leaves with a really great feeling until the next time. But that wasn’t happening in Lagos. The few I met relocated back to London and it was proving difficult to find my kind.



ASK AND YE SHALL FIND

One day I just prayed to God and asked him to show me the right type of friends for me and they just started showing up, so naturally. No force. Just loving, caring, kind and full of empathy. I now have a set of loving friends in Lagos that are solid as a rock and I always leave myself open to more friends because I recognise that good relationships really add value to my life. But they will never be forced relationships.



GOOD FRIENDSHIPS ARE LIKE BREATHING

NEVER BEG

God created you worthy of respect and love. He will send the right people to you. Never ever beg for a space in anyone's life, regardless. It doesn’t help your self esteem or confidence when you force yourself on others. Can you relate to this blog post? What has been your experience with forced relationships? Kindly share in the comment box and lets learn from each other. Thanks for stopping by

My Previous Blog Post


No comments:

Post a Comment